cryptical

The Universe. Some scratches of Beryllium. Diving. The Navel of the Galaxies. Maybe god. Maybe the void. Maybe you. Maybe it's just cryptical

Thursday, July 06, 2006

The Magic of Openers


Constellation: The Cure's Disintegration
Mood: Tired

I love some of The Cure's tracks. Lovesong and A Forest are pure genius. Though I never bought any of their albums. I am not a big fan of the gothic style and the band's looks and videos are not something I like to see.
Though after having read so many positive reviews on Disintegration, I finally succumbed and bought the album earlier this week.
I never expected a sound like that. I have to say I am under the charm of this album!
And it's all about Track 1. Plainsong. The title doesn't say much. But the song does. There's something magical about this track. Very mystical-like. Especially when the echo-dreamlike voice kicks in. Fits my galactic themes.
You know if you're heading for a good album if the opening song is good. And for me, if I stop and listen to it continuously without burning it, I'd feel satisfied. That has happened with Depeche Mode's World in My Eyes, the opener of Violator. Til now, I hear it every week and I don't feel tired from it. And it remains my favorite DM track.
So now I have to check the rest of this album, and let Plainsong enjoy some rest.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home