cryptical

The Universe. Some scratches of Beryllium. Diving. The Navel of the Galaxies. Maybe god. Maybe the void. Maybe you. Maybe it's just cryptical

Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Vehemently Heinous

Place: Somewhere in the far end of the galaxy
Mood: Heinous

Song: Darkness * Peter Garbriel


Call it a massive explosion. A torrential blast.
A monstrous scrunching of masses that detonated unexpectedly.

Vehemently Heinous is the title of my newest poem.

That is kind of sad. I used to write endless poems, most of which I would throw away, but some were good enough to be included in the two collections that I have made some time ago.

Yet after two years of non-writing proficiency, I found myself flirting with a name that was to be attributed to a mere poem and not a book.

I haven't written a poem in ages.

Vehemently Heinous is about rage.

That's what I have been feeling lately. Most of the time it's latent rage, because it doesn't go out. Therefore it turns into tumultuous internal fury.

To accompany this rage and possessed persona that I am currently feeling, here's a trip with my 5 most listened to tracks of the week which helped the shaping of Vehemently Heinous.

01. Momento (by Murcof) - from the double album Martes/Utopia [2005]









The enraged-ride kicks off with Momento, a forgotten song in Murcof's dark catalogue. This utterly disturbing instrumental piece in its calmness awake the urgency to abscond, to return, to squeal, to look away. And then the electronic beats promulgate you into the gardens of the unknown.

02. Darkness (by Peter Gabriel) - from the album UP [2002]

Don't mess with me my fuse is short

Beneath this skin these fragments caught
When I allow it to be - There's no control over me
I have my fears
But they do not have me





Then, the last couple of drops that end Momento lead beautifully into Peter Gabriel's bombastic yet melodramatic Darkness. This track is full of infatuations with ghosts, alter egos and monsters. Add to that multiple states of the mind like scariness, grandness, fright… and you'll get this magnificent opener for the best Peter Gabriel album yet.

03. The Waitress - live (by Tori Amos) - from the double album To Venus and Back [1999]

Hang-a ten-a cause I know just where she is

Because I believe in peace, yes
I believe in peace, I said

but I believe that she’s the Devil, bitch





And then as he cries until he laughs comes the grandiose. A mere three-minute song called Waitress on Tori Amos' Under the Pink morphs into a momentum live disproportionate tantrum of vile bashing. The second part actually is not on the studio take, but that's what makes the live version a powerful and epic song. It builds to the extremes and pushes your anger to an absolute level. All your hatred is set in place.

04. A Man (by Alanis Morissette) - from the album Under Rugged Swept [2002]

I am man who has grown from a son
Been crucified by enraged women
I am son who was raised by such men
I'm often reminded of the fools I'm among






Which leads to my ultimate Alanis Morissette song. Back then, I used to like her. And this track is one of the few that still resonate in my mind. Mainly because of the lyrics which speak my mind. And the song in itself is sung in a very sharp tone with twisted instruments that hail the lyrics. It's about the anti-utopia that I have always been living in.

05. Hurt (by Johnny Cash) - from the album American IV: The Man Who Comes Around [2002]

Beneath the stain of time
The feeling disappears
You are someone else
I am still right here
What have i become?
My sweetest friend
Everyone i know
Goes away in the end

To wrap this emotionally wrench-y journey, here's an introspective song by Nine Inch Nails, that is sung by Johnny Cash. I feel like I have nothing to add to the lyrics. And the late Mr. Cash sums the pain perfectly.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Administrado por Manuel Chacón Ortiz said...

HOLY JESUS CHRIST! I haven´t been into your glamorous Hollywood Arabian lifestyle blog in a while, but I just found that you were at Dranouter !!! Now I want the details! :)

11:17 PM, August 02, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home