cryptical

The Universe. Some scratches of Beryllium. Diving. The Navel of the Galaxies. Maybe god. Maybe the void. Maybe you. Maybe it's just cryptical

Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Numinous Excursions

Planet: Terra (the Earth)
Mood: Dreamy

Traveling.
One of my ultimate activities.
I love to travel.
In a trip you do so many things. Discover. Meet. Observe. Hear. Smell. Taste. Touch. Everything is new.

I happened to have traveled to some gorgeous places.
Since I am in Lebanon, I went to many Arab countries. Like Syria, Jordan, the UAE and Egypt. But I also went to Europe (France, Belgium, the Netherlands and Poland).


The weirdest places I saw however are in Asia, where I visited Thailand and Malaysia first and a couple of years ago, South Korea where we had a theater festival. Mainly the most magical too because everything is different, from the food to the landscapes to the people.
My aim is to go to Argentina for Christmas. It would be my first trip to the Americas. I have relatives there, so it might work.


My top three destinations would be the Easter Island (near Chili), Peru and India. All three fascinate me. The first because I so want to see and be able to talk with the Maoi, those colossal statues on this tiny island. Peru holds the whole Inca background that I've read so much about (and there's the Machu Picchu and Cuzco, "the navel of the world"). As for India, well, it's INDIA. Buddhism and Hinduism. Can one ask for more? Let's see if I will be able to go to any of these before my first death.

Why this travel talk? Because I might go to Paris later this month for business. My first business meeting. And it will be my first trip to a country I already visited. I don't like to do that because I like to visit as many places as I can.

It's fascinating how the Earth holds all of these special places. You feel it's too small compared to the size of the universe, but it's THAT rich that you can't but discover new things on it every day. I wonder if a planet which holds the same characteristics will ever be found among the huge load of crap that is bathing in the cosmos.

Photos are of a Moai Statue (Easter Island), the Macchu Pichu (Peru), the Hindu goddess Saraswati (India) and of course, Terra.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home