cryptical

The Universe. Some scratches of Beryllium. Diving. The Navel of the Galaxies. Maybe god. Maybe the void. Maybe you. Maybe it's just cryptical

Thursday, February 05, 2009

Could Happiness Be the Fourth Dimension?

Place: the solar system, a distant galaxy or simply HomeĀ 
Mood: Content
Song: Thank You * Alanis Morissette


How shall I begin to describe how I' feeling lately. I'll try to put some of these thoughts into words.

But first, why don't you take a look at this photo. I saw it randomly on the Net, and thought it actually fits with my mood. Imagine the planets taking some time off and resting on some beach? Maybe the Sun can give them some well deserved vacation!

Well to be frank, I don't want a vacation. And the reason is,

I am happy

It took me so much time to discover this. Sometime in January, I had a dinner, and my friend Bechir and I were talking about all sorts of things and it suddenly hit me that I was quite pleased with my life. The fact that I came to terms with my job, with my salary, with my friends, with my family, with my very own self, everything became clear. I do not need to brag, to lament, to hope for more because I am very satisfied with what I have.

It just hit me as a convulsion. And I am assuming it completely. It's like visiting a virgin territory for the first time. And I have to say I love it. I could be sitting next to Jupiter on this sand-infested beach in a matter of seconds. I feel at ease circling around my being every time I want to leave my body and travel through space and time.

Quite coincidentally, I rediscovered the song Thank You by Alanis Morissette. It's another healer of sorts. One evening, I couldn't stop listening to it:

How bout me enjoying the moment for once
How bout how good it feels to finally forgive you
How bout grieving it all one at a time

I feel that now that I am connecting so well with my own self, the whole world would be an easy ride. Once you're at ease with your mind, your mind will make sure you're at ease with your surrounding. And so you can sing:

Thank you providence
Thank you disillusionment
Thank you nothingness
Thank you clarity

To me, that's such a beautiful version of happiness. I wonder if there's another one.
And by the way, how does your own happiness look like?

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Baby Love
Baby Love

8:03 PM, February 06, 2009  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very nice. I hope I can reach this point too sometime soon lol It's been a couple of years my life looks like a storm and I just cant wait to see the rainbow again (Eden)

4:18 PM, February 09, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home