cryptical

The Universe. Some scratches of Beryllium. Diving. The Navel of the Galaxies. Maybe god. Maybe the void. Maybe you. Maybe it's just cryptical

Thursday, March 08, 2007

The Dormancy Ship

Constellation: The Great Ship Argo Navis
Mood: Speedy
Song: Fast As You Can * Fiona Apple

How fast do you lead your life? When I went to France, I noticed people run to catch their metro, climb up the escalator swiftly …

Here, in Arab countries, everything is slowed down, sluggish. I believe life has stopped since 500 years in this part of the world, and we're still waiting for it to kick off again.
Centuries ago, Arabs gave an imprint in such vivid matters as astronomy, mathematics and medicine. But now, god knows what the improvements are here, if not to build treasure islands in lifeless cities on one hand, and oppress freedom of expression, encouraging extremist fundamentalism in the name of religion (!) and oppress women, on the other.


Alright, that was not my main topic of interest, it just slipped out of my hands.
Let's get back to the original question.
How fast do you lead your life?

Are you a seafaring man who's sailing to the speed of the jagged wind, or you're the one who's sleeping waiting for the gentle airstreams to wake you up?

And since, we will are tackling the sea and the ships, needless to say that I'll talk now about the Argonaut's ship, which used to be the largest constellation in the sky.

This great ship was used by Jason of the Argonauts in the Greek mythology, in search of the Golden Fleece.
Now, it is divided into four constellations: the Sails (Vela), the Poop (Puppis), the Compass (Pyxis) and the Keel of the Ship (Carina), which holds the second brightest star in our sky: Canopus.

This is a Southern hemisphere constellation; hence Canopus can barely be visible for the inhabitants of Europe.

Since I went to the beach last weekend, I took those two car pictures. Totally stylish me thinks. One stands for the slowness of things, while the other is for a steadier tempo, say much faster one. Which one are you?

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Administrado por Manuel Chacón Ortiz said...

I was so thinking how fast I'm taking my life these days, I think is not about rushing...

Is about enjoying the trip! And guess what, is a lot more difficult.

10:02 AM, March 09, 2007  
Blogger roubish said...

Sometimes you just have to sit and relax and take things easily.
But then you find out it's practically impossible, as you said.
But it's worth it to try at least!

12:46 PM, March 09, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home