cryptical

The Universe. Some scratches of Beryllium. Diving. The Navel of the Galaxies. Maybe god. Maybe the void. Maybe you. Maybe it's just cryptical

Friday, April 13, 2007

The Posse Seeks a Velvet Revolution

Constellation: Horologium (the Pendulum Clock)
Mood: Nonsensical
Song:
Velvet Revolution * Tori Amos

I am all excited and anticipating the release of Tori's new album American Doll Posse.
Among the rabid Tori community, a sole 6-song radio show in Germany revolutionized several forums to capture the essence of four new songs from the album, heard for the very first time. The songs were played solo. The album hasn't leaked yet, which is a good thing. The release is in just merely a couple of weeks.

I will write on the album once I will hear it completely. I love getting excited about Tori's albums with the community and deciphering every bit of news there is. I believe Tori is one of the very few artists to have such a wide and on-growing fan base. Michael Stipe from REM once joked about wanting to borrow her audience.

So the track I wanted to introduce is 'Velvet Revolution.' I love it when a short (a minute and half to be precise) song has a greater impact on you than a five minute complex one. This song is supposed to have a very Russian feel to it on the album, with balalaika to accompany Tori and her piano (judging from the 30 second clip we have heard off a German retailer site).

It was the first song that Tori sang on the Bose. Such a powerful entrance for a song in which she (presumably) says:

"Feeling radical in cotton
Purified in my Satin
But the bomb of the season
Is a velvet revolution

All you killers of the children
There’s a new commandment
The true divine creator
Wants a velvet revolution
"
Killer lyrics … A bit Leonard Cohen to me in some strange way.

To remind myself that the album is close to be released, I chose the constellation Horologium or the Pendulum Clock. A very faint 17th century conceptualized constellation, it occupies a small special domain, and is located very low in the Southern Hemisphere.

The point taken: American Doll Posse is less than a month away!

Labels:

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey there. Sorry about that. When I said I didn't have the patience I meant for the cat; hope you haven't take it in the wrong way :)
I hope it will be either Clyde or Pip opening for the show I am attending :D. We'll see.

Susana.

1:15 AM, April 13, 2007  
Blogger roubish said...

Hahaha ... I was still at the office! So I went home to sleep. And I want either Clyde or Pip to open my show too. But since it's a festival, I think I'll just have Tori.

11:56 AM, April 13, 2007  
Blogger Administrado por Manuel Chacón Ortiz said...

Your secrets, jejeje nice clyde shot.

11:34 PM, April 14, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home